Now and Zen, a Drewett Works renovation that gave new life to a stucco McMansion, was honored with a Residential Citation Award during the 31st-Annual Excellence in Masonry Architectural Awards.
On Sept. 30, 2022, more than 400 industry members attended the awards banquet at the Scottsdale Resort McCormick Ranch. Among the many projects entered, 15 were recognized for their outstanding masonry design, workmanship, and creativity using brick, block and/or stone.
Here’s what the judges said about Now and Zen: “This is a very nice house with a truly modern look. Beautiful limestone from Portugal on the walls and floors and great use of lighting to wash down the walls and highlight the stone. Just gorgeous massing with clean and elegant masonry details.”
Now and Zen was entered in the awards by Scottsdale-based stone supplier Solstice Stone, who provided the materials for the project.
The Council and its members have played a significant role in economic development, new product and construction standards, enhanced safety policies and increased energy efficiency of masonry products. It has also been at the forefront of developing and implementing statewide education programs for the professional community and students from college to high school.
PROJECT TEAM//Now and Zen
Architecture: Drewett Works
Builder and masonry contractor: Brimley Development
Interior design: Ownby Design
Structural engineer: PH Structural
Stone supplier: Solstice Stone
Photography: Dino Tonn
See Now and Zen’s many accolades here:
- Platinum Award, Best in American Living Awards 2021 – Kitchen Over $125,000
- 2021 BALA — Gold Award for Remodeling
- 2021 Gold Nugget Awards, Award of Merit, Best Interior Design of a Custom Home
- Now and Zen Featured in Luxe Interiors + Design – Aug. 2021
- Luxesource.com feature story – Aug. 2021
- Award-Winning Drewett Works Profiled in Iconic Life – Oct. 2021
- Best in American Living – Remodel of the Week – Oct. 2022