We’re hiring! Drewett Works Architecture, located in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale, has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Structural Engineer. Our architecture firm provides an inspiring work environment with elite, regionally-inspired, modernist residential and commercial architectural commissions and endless personal growth opportunities.
What We’re Looking For
Drewett Works is looking for a Structural Engineer with at least 5 years of experience, a problem solver who devours a challenge and subscribes to lifelong learning. The core accountability of this role is to provide structural engineering analysis and design of steel, concrete, masonry, light-gage steel, and wood structures and produce structural construction documents using REVIT. The position requires the ability to work closely with our talented team of designers on our world-class projects.
This position is not for those interested in working in an isolated environment with limited specialized skills. This position is for those who already have great talent and want to elevate their skills by collaborating with a rockstar team and contributing to the expansion of an office.
- Structural design solutions to meet the client’s program requirements through building system concepts, framing concepts, lateral design, framing design, foundation design, and specifications
- Detailing of concrete, steel, wood framing, and masonry building systems
- Coordinate structural construction drawings with Architectural, MPE, Civil, and other consultants as required
- Perform Structural Construction Administration tasks including, but not limited to, site visits and assessments, field observations and reports, shop drawing review, and response to project RFI’s
- Manage multiple assigned projects with staggered project phases which will occasionally include multiple concurrent projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Professional Degree (B.S. and/or M.S. in Structural or Architectural Engineering)
- Active professional engineering licensure, EIT certification required
- Minimum of 5 years experience, luxury residential experience a plus
- Deep working knowledge of Revit
- Strong sense of urgency for meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication, organizational, and multitasking skills
- Possess and maintain exceptional work ethic, strong leadership, and self-motivation
- Uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
- PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, web-enabled applications, and database software
- A professional appearance and engaging manner with clients
Start the application process here.